EXPORT OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS BY AIR
How to calculate airfreight?
In order to calculate the carriage “Moscow airport-airport abroad” use the below table:
I. 1. For air delivery there is an international rule: air tariffs are based on the so-called “chargeable weight”, which is figured out of the following formula:
payable weight = V m3 (volume of the cargo) x 167 kg
2. The point of intersection of the column “weight” (the received chargeable weight) and the column “destination” (the country and the town of delivery) is airtariff per 1 kg.
3. Multiply the air tariff/kg by the payable weight.4. Add AWB (30 USD) to the received figure.
You have got the air carriage “airport-airport”.
Air tariffs exclude the following additional charges:
- additional fuel surcharges of some airlines, terminal handling charges (THC), that depend on the fuel cost and exchange rate
- administrative charges – 30 USD;
- if paid in cash (in Russian currency) - according to exchange rate + 2%;
- 18% VAT if paid by wire.
* For your attention:
M – minimum freight cost;
N – carriage up to 45 kg;
45+ carriage of the cargo from 45 kg up to 100 kg;
100+ carriage of the cargo from 100 kg up to 300 kg
300+ carriage of the cargo from 300 kg up to 500 g;
500+ carriage of the cargo from 50 kg up to 1000 kg;
1000+ carriage of the cargo over 1000 kg;
AWB – airway bill.
For instance: You are planning to ship a cargo of 2 m3 from Moscow to Barcelona.
1. Determine the chargeable weight using the above formula: 2 m3 x 167 kg = 334 kg.
2. Find the point of intersection of the column “Barcelona” and the column “300+” in the table, i.e. $ 1.95/ kg.
3. Multiply $ 1.95 by 334 kg (1.95 o 334 = 651.3). The air freight forms $ 651.3 per 334 kg or 2 m3.
4. Add AWB – 30 $ - to the received air freight: 651.3+ 30 = 681.3 USD.
5. Attention! The cost will be final after the airline weighs the cargo and puts it in AWB.
II. Customs formalities charges - 300 USD.
III. Destination services (import customs formalities, delivery to the consignee, unloading, unpacking, furniture assembling and placing, debris removal) are calculated for each certain case.
The company has the right to change the rates.
All figures are approximate. Each certain carriage is calculated proceeding the real weight and volume of household goods and personal effects. That is why, please, make your request direct for our managers.